MY GOAL IS TO SEE 100 NEW (to me) MOVIES BY OCTOBER 24, 2008

New movies, old movies, made for TV, on dvd, on TV, in a theater... anything. I just want to increase my movie knowledge by 100 movies in 100 days.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 98, total films watched: 99

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Cable TV- ****

Knowing that a remake is on the horizon I thought now was a perfect time to see the original... but I didn't own a copy.
Luckily it was scheduled to air on TV... unluckily it was airing on AMC.
I hate AMC. Anyway I decided to watch it anyway and sit through the absurd amount of commercial breaks filled with promos (many for the film I was already watching!)
In addition as the film played the bottom of the screen constantly reminded me that a new episodes of "Mad Men" was on it's way. I don't know who these men are, but they were probably mad that a classic sci-fi film was being treated like a rerun of Judge Judy.
As for the film, it was great. Really a wonderful film with a cool message and some really memorable moments.

1 comment:

Guy Hutchinson said...

Well, one more film to go.
I don't know what to choose... something old? Something fresh and hot? Is there a special film that would wrap everything up neatly? Or should I just watch whatever.

Well, either way I should be able to finish the 100 on the 99th day and post it on the 100th.

I am so excited... about halloween. But this is cool, too.

 

RATINGS SCALE * Not very good/ ** Good/ *** Better than good/ **** Wow! Great movie/ ***** One of my all time favorites