MY GOAL IS TO SEE 100 NEW (to me) MOVIES BY OCTOBER 24, 2008

New movies, old movies, made for TV, on dvd, on TV, in a theater... anything. I just want to increase my movie knowledge by 100 movies in 100 days.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day 95, total films watched: 96

An American Carol - Movie Theater -**

This uneven film featured some great, great laughs and a solid ending. Also, John Voight puts in one of his better performances, playing George Washington amidst the ongoing farce designed to poke fun at Hollywood's far left.
The film features a pretty impressive lineup of stars including: Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Hopper, John Voight, James Woods, Leslie Nielson, Davis Alan Grier, Christopher McDonald, John O'Hurley, Kevin Sorbo, Gary Coleman, Bill O'Reilly, Simon Rex and Paris Hilton.

3 comments:

Strutter71 said...

Did you just use the words "pretty impressive lineup of stars" in a sentence that also included "Gary Coleman," "Simon Rex," and "Paris Hilton"? I'm pretty sure I could get Simon Rex to show up at my house for a free hamburger.

Guy Hutchinson said...

Ah so very true.

You may notice how the level of star seems to flow downhill: Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Hopper, John Voight, James Woods, Leslie Nielson, Davis Alan Grier, Christopher McDonald, John O'Hurley, Kevin Sorbo, Gary Coleman, Bill O'Reilly, Simon Rex and Paris Hilton.

I think it actually starts being silly at Kevin Sorbo.

The site which I was cutting and pasting the cast from actually listed Kevin Farley at the top of the list.

I know he was in a starring role, but that doesn't make him a star.

Guy Hutchinson said...

BTW, the funniest thing about Paris Hilton and Simon Rex was that I assumed that when they appeared (as themselves) that it was people playing them.

For some reason Paris seemed to be off camera for most of her dialoge so I assumed it was a lookalike paired with a (different) sound alike.

 

RATINGS SCALE * Not very good/ ** Good/ *** Better than good/ **** Wow! Great movie/ ***** One of my all time favorites